Engineering Graduate Programme
Starting Salary: £29,000 + £1,000 welcome payment, rising to £36,000 by end of programme
Start date: September 2024
When you join our Engineering Graduate Programme you will be trusted and empowered to deliver critical and complex work. You’ll be free to innovate, to take ownership and make smart, agile decisions. We need the best people to help us achieve our ambitions. Come and work in an environment where you can stretch your abilities and deliver on your potential. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together: https://telent.com/
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
– Be Inclusive
– Take Responsibility
– Be Customer-focussed
What you’ll do:
After an initial induction period, you’ll apply your existing knowledge and skills working on real projects, whilst learning new skills along the way. Founded on recognised industry standards, our two-year programme includes 6-month placement rotations across different departments tailored to your personal development and aspirations.
Our programme is accredited by the IET and will accelerate your development and provide you with opportunities to gain practical experience and engineering knowledge across diverse business departments. You’ll work on a variety of projects, as part of the delivery team, in parallel with a mentoring programme which will guide you along an accreditation and professional development path, concentrating on core technical skills and competence. This will enable you to progress your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) towards membership of the Engineering Council and IET.
At Telent, we need to be flexible to meet the needs of our customers’, so we adopt an agile working approach, with a blend of office based, home working and some site-based activity (you’ll need to satisfy the medical requirements for these site-based works).
Who you are:
We are looking for Graduates with a passion for Engineering and the drive and determination to be able to succeed and deliver on the Projects they are appointed to. Other key requirements for this role include:
– A minimum of a 2:1 Honours Degree in a STEM subject (preferably, Electronic, Telecoms, Systems, IT, Computer Science or Control & Instrumentation) achieved in the last two years
– A flair for solving complex technical issues
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with proven team working and leadership abilities
– Excellent attention to detail
– Self-motivation, able to work on your own initiative and under pressure
– Practical use of Microsoft Office applications
– Applicants for this role will need the right to work in the UK as unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work permits or visas for this role
– You will be subject to a pre-employment security clearance and drug and alcohol screening
– In addition, you will also need to be eligible for full Security Clearance
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
– A starting salary of £29,000 and a welcome payment of £1,000
– Salary progression reviews with a potential for up to £1,000 increase after 6 months and £2,000 increase at each following 6-month stage
– An in-depth welcome and induction programme
– Career development mentoring
– Support for ongoing professional development
– Volunteering opportunities
– 26 days annual leave, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
– Personal pension scheme
– Access to Telent Rewards (including discounts on gym membership, cinema, shopping, food & drink, travel and much more)
– Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
– Access to Employer Assistance Programme (EAP)- available 24/7 to you and your immediate family
Look for us online to discover more about what we do