South West Live Brands
It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an Engagement Producer to join us as part of our network of Live brands in the South West.
You will work across a number of our South West brands, building relationships with new and existing readers through social media and newsletters. From creating engaging written and video content tailored to a digital audience to showcasing the great work our reporters do, your job will be to deliver content to a wider readership, showcasing the news that matters to them.
Working across social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, you’ll lead the conversation on the big stories of the day, help grow communities and build relationships with our loyal readers.
This is an ideal role for a creative self-starter who understands social media and wants to bring something new to some of the South West’s biggest newsbrands.
We are looking for candidates with excellent storytelling techniques, superb digital skills and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging.
This role will be home based and due to the nature of the position this candidate will need to live in the local area.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Manage social media channels in accordance with best practice and priorities
- Curate newsletters and drive interest in newsletters
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Find new ways to promote content off–platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for content editors (if experienced) or content writers as and when required.
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
What are we looking for?
- Content writing experience, preferably as a reporter
- Strong people management skills
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Expert in audience engagement
- NCTJ or equiv qualification
- Valid UK driving licence
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Many of the commercial roles are home based (when not visiting clients) which offers additional flexibility.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.