North Wales Live is looking for an Engagement Producer to lead the way in building relationships with our readers.
We’ve never had a greater focus on putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, across one of the most varied and fascinating news patches in the country.
That’s why this role will be key to make sure our journalism reaches the widest possible audience across very different communities and that people have every chance to get involved by expressing their opinions and ideas.
Working with our very experienced Audience Editor in the growing customer team, you’ll reach out across social media, video, newsletters, comments, surveys and more, as well as driving new initiatives and ideas to improve and deepen our connection with our readers – who are already very loyal.
It’s an exciting and hands-on role so you’ll pick up new skills and abilities really quickly, while each day will be packed with new and interesting challenges.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
What will the role involve?
- Help manage social media channels in accordance with Live network best practice and priorities
- Drive ideas and production of social video, both recorded and live
- Curate, send and develop newsletters
- Help implement projects to grow registered users
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for audience editor as and when required
Who we’re looking for?
- Digital publishing skills and experience
- Social media skills
- Passion for community engagement in local journalism
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Excellent knowledge of media law
- Planning and organisation
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.