NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. We provide air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports around the UK and a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
We are looking for an experienced Employee Relations (ER) Partner (ER Manager) to take the lead on employment policy creation, development and modernisation. You will manage the conflict resolution approach and promote conflict resolution as a methodology.
You will interface with a range of stakeholders including HR Business Partners, Trade Unions and customers from across the business. You may supervise the work of a graduate and will work closely in a matrix way with a team of HR Advisors. You will be joining NATS and our HR team at an exciting time as we focus on our vision to become a Top 25 UK employer by 2040.
- Ensure compliance with employment legislative changes and ensure effective governance is applied to the NATS response to such changes in legislation
- Ensure alignment with Reward Team on the implications of pay or policy change/development
- Participate and provide support to pay negotiations across all trade groups in an advisory capacity. Work with Reward Partner to act as key link for Management and trade unions between pay and policy. Understand pay policy sections of Employee Handbook and National Agreements and ensure they are accurately maintained
- Identify opportunities to improve ER climate and capability in NATS. Provide ER support and guidance to organisational change projects to ensure a positive ER climate
- Ensure we have a motivated and skilled team of facilitators across the business to manage conflict resolution cases
- Partner confidently with internal stakeholders to create and sustain positive ER across NATS and on a range of topics e.g., employee experience, diversity and inclusion (D&I), policy and reward
- Analyse ER trends and keep up to date with good practice, ensuring HR team are aware of any relevant changes in collective ER legislation
Essential skills and experience
- ER leadership experience within a unionised organisation
- Demonstrable experience in either team leadership or the delivery of proactive project improvement initiatives
- CIPD Qualified and/or equivalent related experience with demonstrable experience and capability in ER
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and ability to challenge, lead small groups and key discussions
- Resilience to deal with challenging or sensitive situations and a business facing transformational change
- Proactive and flexible with ability to effectively plan and prioritise
- An interest and passion for supporting the development of NATS D&I agenda and the delivery of actions in the gender pay report
In addition to a regularly reviewed competitive salary, our senior management group are typically eligible to benefit from an annual performance related incentive, private health and dental cover, a market-leading defined contribution pension, independent financial advice, generous leave entitlement with option to buy more and a range of other corporate benefits and discounts. Find out more here.
NATS have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.