We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join the UK’s largest commercial National & Regional news publisher, at our print facility in Manchester. This challenging and rewarding position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic qualified electrical technician to work within the Engineering Department for Reach Printing Services in Oldham.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
The main duties of our Electrical Engineer will be to maintain all plant, production and ancillary equipment to ensure optimum production performance and minimise equipment downtime.
- Perform periodic maintenance checks and procedures on all equipment and computerised plant, production and ancillary equipment.
- Maintain operational procedures to ensure continuity of production.
- The successful applicant will actively be involved in fault finding on production equipment, preventative maintenance and continuous improvement.
- In the event of breakdown, respond and treat as priority repairs necessary to minimise downtime.
- Provide support and advice on potential operational and performance improvements to the Production Manager.
- Maintain, advise and recommend on spare part stock levels to minimise breakdown turnaround.
- Advise and recommend potential training opportunities to enhance production support.
- Be flexible in terms of hours to maintain continuity of production.
- Work safely, and comply with current health and safety legislation at all times.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be a recognised electrician, qualified to ONC/HNC level
- You will be professionally competent and qualified to operate safely in electrical maintenance and repairs to drives, controls, 3 phase and low voltage equipment.
- You will be experienced in working with Motors/DC drives/Inverters/PLC’s/PLC control systems/IT control systems
- We are looking for a self motivated individual who will be proactive, reactive and possess a strong problem solving ability, providing solutions and recommendations.
- The ability to prioritise tasks/breakdowns is essential as well as carrying out root cause analysis and updating and improving documentation.
- Experience desired but not essential of working with AGV’s, Conveyor systems, High speed printing press’s ( Wifag), Publishing and Inserting equipment (FERAG) , Palletisers (Schur), Cranes, Compressors, Chillers and AHU systems.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.