Domiciliary Care Assistant – Bank
Richmond Painswick, Stroud Road, Painswick, Gloucestershire, GL6 6UL
As a Domiciliary Care Assistant at a Richmond Village, you’ll help residents to truly get the most out of life and in return we’ll support you to get the most out of your career. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – set in beautiful grounds, our residents all live within walking distance of each other. We’re currently looking for Domiciliary Care Assistants to promote and support the physical, emotional and social wellbeing of our residents at Richmond Painswick.
Working hours and salary
£9.10ph – £9.84ph D.O.E
Full Time & Part Time
What your typical day involves:
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care in their own homes within the Village. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting at mealtimes where appropriate
- Helping to promote mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, supporting them to walk, engaging in hobbies and interests or enabling them to participate in organised activities, where appropriate
- Answering emergency calls when care alert system is activated
- Working with the Domiciliary Care Manager and other external professionals such as GPs, Chiropodists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists where appropriate
- Admin duties: keeping accurate records – maintaining full documentation at all times to show care given, activities and any changes to their health
Who we’re looking for:
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a care/dementia setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, however this isn’t essential as full training will be provided. Above all, you’ll be passionate for caring for others, respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our residents’ face every day.
What we’ll offer you in return:
- Comprehensive induction
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid forNEST work place pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
Who we are:
‘The Queen of the Cotswolds’, Painswick is set high on a spur between two valleys a few miles north of Stroud. It is an area of outstanding beauty and the town itself is built almost entirely of the honey coloured stone the Cotswolds are so famous for.
Wander around and you discover a maze of twisting narrow streets filled with restaurants, cafés and galleries, housed in the many beautifully preserved buildings.
With its easy connections to Stroud, Cheltenham, Gloucester and beyond, this wonderful and historic town and indeed the whole area, is filled with things to do and see.
For more than 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living and part of Bupa; a leading healthcare group. Bupa run care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world, as well as providing insurance to over 16 million people and their purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.