Richmond Wood Norton, Evesham Rd, Wood Norton, Evesham, WR11 4TY
As a Domiciliary Care Assistant at a Richmond Village, you’ll help residents to truly get the most out of life and in return we’ll support you to get the most out of your career. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – set in beautiful grounds, our residents all live within walking distance of each other. We’re currently looking for Domiciliary Care Assistants to promote and support the physical, emotional and social wellbeing of our residents at Richmond Wood Norton.
Working hours and salary
£9.34 per hour plus Excellent Benefits
Flexible Hours across the week 8am – 8pm
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care in their own homes within the Village. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting at mealtimes where appropriate
- Helping to promote mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, supporting them to walk, engaging in hobbies and interests or enabling them to participate in organised activities, where appropriate
- Answering emergency calls when care alert system is activated
- Working with the Domiciliary Care Manager and other external professionals such as GPs, Chiropodists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists where appropriate
- Admin duties: keeping accurate records – maintaining full documentation at all times to show care given, activities and any changes to their health
Who we’re looking for
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a care/dementia setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), however, this isn’t essential as full training will be provided. Above all, you’ll be passionate about caring for others, respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and work to put a smile on our residents’ faces every day.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers.
Who we are
Set in the heart of the Worcestershire Countryside, close to the market town of Evesham is Wood Norton. Situated on the River Avon, the old riverside market town of Evesham is the centre of the famous horticultural Vale of Evesham – known as the fruit and vegetable basket of England.
From the tranquil banks of the river to the undulating hills and peaceful wooded slopes of the Cotswolds, the Vale offers some of the prettiest countryside in the United Kingdom. The quaint town of Pershore is 10 minutes away and the historic city of Worcester is just 25 minutes away. Also close by is the Georgian Town of Cheltenham and William Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world