We are looking for the next member of our network breaking news and content editing team. The team works with all of Reach Plc’s regional news titles to provide breaking news and content editing support.
This is a senior role where you will be working with our existing team of Digital Publishing Editors to deliver high-quality content across the network and provide support for the regional Live sites. This includes managing content from creation through to social.
You’ll also be monitoring social media feeds, traffic and travel feeds, tip-off feeds and more to ensure the largest stories are covered on our Live Network.
This role has a varied shift pattern which will include day shifts, late-night shifts and weekend work.
This is not a location-dependent role.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Writing Live News content for our network of Live sites
- Monitoring social media feeds, traffic and travel feeds, tip-off feeds and more to ensure the largest stories are covered in the evening on our Live Network
- Providing desk-based support to process content, add additional reporting and run live updates for our newsrooms throughout the evening period to maximise audience
- Writing copy and running live updates to SEO guidelines and industry-leading best practice
- Writing video-led stories and picture-led stories from the biggest stories across our Network
- Providing Live News support on pre-planned evening news events
The ideal candidate
- Senior qualified journalists who are no stranger to a newsroom
- Have a passion for content creation, story sourcing and social media
- Understand analytics, and how to use them in the context of content commissioning
- Experienced with content management, with a good eye for a story, you’ll also demonstrate a sound understanding of editorial strategy and brand values
- Driven, determined and flexible as you’ll be working on a shift pattern across evenings and weekends. Strong communication and presentation skills
- Up to date knowledge of media law and IPSO code.
What we can offer you
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.