OK Magazine is looking for a Digital Lifestyle Reporter to join their hugely successful celebrity and lifestyle team. Our readers love to have all the inside gossip, which celebrities are related to who, celebrity home styles and those behind the scenes secrets of their favourite shows! As our lifestyle reporter, you will source and publish content across our OK magazine’s digital platforms which resonate with our loyal readers and bring them all the news and scoops.
So who are we?
You might not have heard of us, but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror,Daily Star, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and of course, the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories, because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
As a Lifestyle Reporter, every day will be different. You’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality, accurate, well-researched news pieces, written in an engaging and creative way. You’ll take over the deputy duties when needed, and you’ll handle breaking news, update social media and stay on top of media law and industry guidelines. Working hours may vary, so you will need to be flexible.
Whether it is homes, break-ups, fashion or fitness and beauty, you’re always in the know. You’re clued up on celeb news from around the globe, with a particular interest in the UK and the US.
You’re first to arrive, you scoop up the exclusives and your storytelling abilities are hard to beat. A fantastic copywriter, who works quickly and accurately, you make connections, build strong relationships and gather stories up with ease.
You’re creative, you’re passionate and you’re ready to take the next step in your lifestyle reporting career.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave– including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.