So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role is home and hub based, linked to our Canary Wharf Hub. We are open to candidates based in/around London.
What will the role involve?
The Digital Finance Manager will work with key business owners for Digital revenue streams to drive yield optimisation. This role will support the delivery of standardisation, automation and optimisation of planning processes and alignment of service levels across the CRO business estate.
You’ll develop a deep understanding of digital commercial revenue data sources, to enable you to analyse trends across the digital estate. This position will support the transformation of the Commercial Finance team to a data-first, analytically based decision support organisation.
- Support strategic initiatives and related P&Ls, including forecasting and operational support
- Deliver data-driven build of business cases, working with business owners to report on any initiatives and drive remediation
- Own the Digital Revenue Weekly Trading process, providing insighton trends
- Develop Digital Revenue KPIs and M.I to understand momentum in the business
- Own reporting & analysis for CRO-owned CVS Revenue streams
- Develop an understanding of the digital cost base, including the ad tech stack
- Develop best practise forecast modelling and trend analytics
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience in a commercial finance role within a listed company
- Experience of developing analytic driver-based models to support decision making
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google applications
- Experience of Microsoft NAV
- Desirable: SAP BPC systems
You will be required to understand and provide guidance on data driven models and condense output into key messages. Experience in a digital customer-focussed consumer advertising business is beneficial. You will demonstrate curiosity and be keen to challenge the status quo. We are looking for a self-starter with proven experience in delivering the role responsibilities and the following competencies:
- Driving continuous improvement of reporting and financial analysis
- Problem solving with minimal guidance
- Motivated to implement ideas through to conclusion
- Relationship building, stakeholder management and excellent communication
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join – After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.