Are you ready to take the next step up the journalism career ladder to join the news desk of one of the UK’s biggest news websites? Mirror Online is looking for a Deputy Editor (Showbiz) to join our dynamic team on a contract process. You will be responsible for taking the lead on major stories and inspiring and leading a large team of reporters. You will have a major role in shaping and setting the news agenda read by millions around the world every day. We are looking for an experienced, versatile journalist to take this senior role on our showbiz desk.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced senior showbiz writer, with national experience.
This role will be predominantly hub based (Canary Wharf, London), with flexibility to work from home.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Take charge and lead coverage on major breaking news stories across the celebrity world
- Find, write and develop stories that will appeal to our audience
- Break exclusives to ensure Mirror Online stays ahead of our rivals
- Sub-edit and manage copy to ensure it is accurate and attention grabbing
- Help the team plan for the biggest and best events and shows to ensure Mirror Online is a leader on the topic
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video
- Be willing to work a mixture of shifts, with some weekend work
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.