Deputy Manager (Clinical/Non Clinical)
Sunnyview House, Care Home, Manorfield, Beeston, Leeds, LS11 8QB
This is taking the lead. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. To do this, we need to support and champion our care and nursing teams. We’re looking for a Deputy Manager with a strong clinical background or significant care home experience to lead our team at Sunnyview House Care Home in Beeston, Leeds
Working hours and salary
Salary is competitive, and will be assessed on relevant skills and experience
40 hours per week, may include some out of hours work.
What your typical day involves
- You’ll oversee and assist all aspects of nursing care/activities within the home
- With the help of your team, you’ll create and update individual care plans for our residents, maintaining clear, accurate and up-to-date medication records
- It’s imperative that the correct staffing levels are maintained through efficient management of rotas, you’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home
- Drawing on your experience, you’ll provide day to day support and guidance to our teams – promoting our residents’ independence, choice and dignity
- You’ll build lasting relationships with the residents and the people they care about, as well as caring about the home itself – fostering a sense of community
Who we’re looking for
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC Pin or you could be a strong non-clinical candidate with significant experience of managing others in a care home environment
- A genuine commitment to adhering to CQC standards and delivering outstanding care
- An effective communicator who’s able to build strong relationships with residents and their families
- Someone who’s ready to share their experience – leading and mentoring a team, able to delegate effectively and promote excellent customer service and relationships
- Someone with excellent time management who can effectively prioritise their workload
- A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal training schemes
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed (for Registered Nurses)
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.