East Dean Grange Care Home, Lower St, East Dean, Eastbourne BN20 0DE
This is taking the lead. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. To do this, we need to support and champion our teams to make a positive difference, that’s why we’re looking for a Deputy Manager to lead our team at East Dean Grange care home in Eastbourne.
- You’ll oversee and assist all aspects of nursing care/activities within the home
- With the help of your team you’ll create and update individual care plans for our residents, maintaining clear, accurate and up-to-date medication records
- It’s imperative that the correct staffing levels are maintained through efficient management of rotas, you’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home
- Drawing on your clinical experience, you’ll provide day to day support and guidance to the team – promoting our residents’ independence, choice and dignity
- You’ll build lasting relationships with the residents and the people they care about, as well as caring about the home itself – fostering a sense of community
- Creating and developing strong relationships with local partners, you will liaise with these partners, playing an important role in raising the care home’s profile in the local area and beyond
- Experience of working within a care home environment with a genuine commitment to adhering to CQC standards and expanding your professional development
- With a real understanding of the benefits that the right nursing care can bring to resident’s lives, you’ll champion independence, choice and dignity by delivering the highest quality care to our residents
- An effective communicator who’s able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and their families
- You’re a natural leader, someone who’s ready to share their clinical experience – leading and mentoring a team, able to delegate effectively and promote excellent customer service and relationships
- Someone with excellent time management who can effectively prioritise their workload
- A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.