NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally.
Data Services provides a 24/7 messaging service for both Meteorological and Aeronautical data, feeding key ATC Systems, and acts as a messaging “Switch” for the throughput of Data to a Global customer base
As a Data Services H24 1st Line Support (Known in as Data Services H24 Messaging Supervisor), your role will be key in ensuring the effective management of data through the MET and Messaging systems. These systems feed data to all major NATS ATC Systems and are key to the Safety of our ATC service provision
This is a varied and challenging Customer Facing role, dealing with both internal and external customers, focussing on Incident Management and resolution, and ensuring the onward flow of Aeronautical and Meteorological Data
- In conjunction with the Duty Operations Manager monitor the Message Switching systems and services, including the implementation of diversions or contingency measures for both national users and international centres, including Eurocontrol, so that a continuous traffic flow is maintained
- To undertake corrective action on messages which fail to meet the validation criteria and investigate missing data on all Data Services systems and carry out functionality checks in accordance with local procedures on contingency systems.
- Process new AFPEX applications for General Aviation pilots, liaising with CAA regarding validity of pilot licenses and adding the necessary adaptation to the system
- Provide a Helpdesk service to members of the General Aviation community and other customers to assist with access problems to our Internet based services and accurately input FPL and ATC messages on behalf of visiting foreign pilots and UK based pilots with no access to the internet. Provide first line helpdesk support for the NATS customer website and the NATS Data services web based applications
- Substitute as Acting Duty Operations Manager and carry out the operational duties of the Duty Operations Manager when necessary, including provide on the job training to new staff as required
- Process instructions from NATS units, formatting and uploading them in accordance with the Operational Information SLAs. Provide assistance to the department’s day support specialists as directed by the Duty Operations Manager
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how of Data Services systems communicate with end-systems
- Computer literate, including a sound knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications
- Highly motivated and keen to develop new skills and software
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- An ability to effectively manage and prioritise workload
Data Services are in the Service Management Command Centre at Swanwick. This role will involve shift working to support a 24/7 operation.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.