We’re looking for a creative and customer focused Data Scientist to join our Retail Pricing team supporting the development and delivery of our street pricing strategy.
Using some of the most advanced machine learning, statistical and optimisation techniques to model our customer’s behaviour and continue driving commercial performance.
Reporting directly into our Pricing Manager, you will support them and our pricing, data science and analytics experts to deliver optimised prices in a fast paced and highly competitive price comparison market.
You will be a key member of our pricing team, identifying and creating market leading data assets and predictive models feeding our data science and pricing activities, championing the latest machine learning techniques into our price optimisation frameworks.
Based at either our London Cannon Street or Bexhill group head office, with the flexibility to work from home.
What we’re looking for:
As a leading insurer this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
You will have a customer focus and think creatively to solve business problems, with some prior experience of applied analytics to real world problems. You will have a degree (BSc/MSc) in a numerical discipline, with a strong track record using SQL, Python/R, Git and building classification or regression models.
Familiarity with a range of CI/CD, automation and containerisation tools such as Jenkins/Linux/Java/Scala/Snowflake and Hadoop (Hive/Spark) will be valuable. You will have the desire to learn and keep up with the latest technologies to stay ahead of the curve.
How you will make a difference:
- Creating our engine for identifying, analysing and monetising every possible data opportunity
- Empowering us to understand and serve our current and potential customers
- Enabling us to reach our prospective customers through every available channel and ensure we are the best and most competitive insurance provider no matter how our customer find us
What we will give you;
- Real opportunity to make a difference and shape something special
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.