About the role
Working in a small team, with other colleagues from the Alternative Pricing Department you will be making and managing a series of trades. These trades will identify customers we want to insure based on new data, new methods and analytical techniques. You will also source and build bespoke data sets that support individual trades. The overall aim is to deliver profitable volume and income to support the significant growth plans for Advantage Insurance and Hastings Direct and help differentiate us by being data and analytics leaders in the UK general insurance market.
- Identify new data, methods or analytical techniques to create 10-20 trades and then manage those trades to deliver profitable growth
- Demonstrate an ability to work quickly and accurately to seize opportunities and to take action to resolve potential unprofitability.
- Clearly articulate the reasons for decisions associated with your trades, gaining the appropriate signoffs
- Share ideas and support other traders with developing and managing their trades
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Knowledge of tools such as R, Python, SQL etc. (Essential)
- Knowledge of Hadoop related technologies (Desirable)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint (Essential)
- Creative thinking and the practical ability to turn ideas into reality (Essential)
- Work accurately and independently with little supervision when required and as part of a small project based team (Essential)
- Knowledge of pricing in the UK motor market (Desirable)
- Awareness of UK motor underwriting and pricing (Desirable)
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5000 car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.