Data Science and Analytics Graduate Programme
The Data Science and Analytics Graduate Programme is designed to give you the opportunity to apply innovative data science techniques to solve real-world business challenges and deliver commercial value. You’ll work closely with and learn from recognised experts in collecting and analysing large data sets, design software, work with robotic process automation, integrate machine learning and create data-led solutions.
Our teams are passionate about data, modelling and innovation and this scheme will give you the opportunity to work alongside talented analytical experts and senior leaders. They will support, guide, and push you beyond your comfort zone to help forge your career in this highly competitive skill set and industry.
During the two-year programme, you’ll join teams of Actuaries, Data Science and Pricing professionals and you’ll learn how to make the most of powerful insights. You’ll gain experience of cutting-edge technologies such as Snowflake, DataBricks, Earnix and coding in SQL, R and Python.
Development in this role is designed to be hands on, requiring you to master the key fundamental knowledge, skills, and behaviours so that at the end of the 2 years you are on your way to knowing what area of specialism you want to start your career in.
Opportunity for further development including gaining a Masters degree qualification through our apprenticeship programmes dependent on performance in role.
Education and skills required;
Relevant university degree BSc/MSc in Statistics / Computer Science / Physics / Operational Research / Engineering/ Maths or another quantitative field minimum 2:1 or predicted.
- A passion for working with numerical/statistical data.
- Able to code and/or build predictive models.
- Ability to contribute to the conversation and comfortable with a variety of stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and curiosity.
- Able to challenge the norm, consider a range of views and see the big picture.
Interview Process & timeline in brief
- Shortlisted applications will be asked to complete some short assessments online.
- If you pass the required benchmark, we’ll ask you to say hi over video interview, answering some questions about why this job is right for you.
- Candidates who have successfully passed the video interview stage will then be invited to our virtual assessment centre.
Benefits for you
You will have ample support and guidance from our graduate community and rotational managers to help you succeed! Your success is our success.
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- £32,000 starting salary with up to 5% bonus earning potential.
- We’re committed to hybrid working, so you’ll need to be able to work in our Bexhill office at least twice a week, with the option and flexibility of working from home on other days.
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, dental plan, health care cash plan
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.