We currently have an exciting opportunity for a number of Data Engineers to join a brand new function in our growing technology team as part of our ongoing digital transformation.
Working across all aspects of our data infrastructure you will be supporting the delivery of high quality data solutions across Hastings data systems and platforms, including new and existing data sources, data flows, automated processes, and database structures.
How you will make a difference
- The Data Engineering team will provide/build capability that delivers new and improved insight and information flows to the rest of the business
- Works with business users, data scientists and data architects to understand and clarify requirements for new or changed data structures, data flows or automated processes
- Supports business users, data scientists and data architects in identifying appropriate data sources within data environments for specified analysis and reporting purposes
- Builds moderately complex data structures, data flows and processes from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result
- Provides specialist data knowledge and concepts, particularly on object and data modelling techniques and design principles, and existing data structures and processes
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of warehouse database architectures, software and facilities and their application in local use
- Ensures customers’ fair and reasonable expectations are met, and designs solutions to provide fair outcomes. Questions and challenges peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations, and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience working in a similar role applying Data Analysis and Data Modelling techniques
- Problem solving techniques
- ETL processes
- Writing stored procedures
- SQL Server
- SSIS, SSRS
- Advantageous – Hadoop; Netezza; NiFi; DataStage, Snowflake
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- 10% pension contributions
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.