We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join us on our journey of transforming Hastings Direct to become a digital-first insurer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate or skilled analyst, looking for a new challenge within our Claims Department, that will expose them to cutting edge tools in a fast paced, forward-thinking company.
Working in a hybrid working model, we expect you will be in our Bexhill office 1 day a month depending on business/team requirements.
About the role
Within the Claims Analytics team, you will have a tangible impact to the business through delivering analytical insight into claims and counter fraud performance, thereby enabling the business to:
- Monitor, understand and communicate the drivers of performance
- Influence claims, operational spend and customer outcomes
- Scope, implement and track the impact of initiatives and strategies
- Streamline processes and improving controls
To achieve this, you will be proactive in identifying opportunities and solving problems through a combination of quantitative analysis and business insight, whilst working with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Degree educated, minimum 2:1, STEM subjects or relevant experience
- Proven ability in owning and delivering analytical projects, structuring analysis and deliverables to ensure stakeholder requirements are met
- Advanced numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data, bridge data gaps and identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Passionate about data and driving change
- Good attention to detail
Benefits for you
- A competitive salary and an attractive benefits package which we can share upon shortlisting
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Tailored career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development and training through partnerships with market leading learning platforms
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Pension match up to 10%
- Flexi benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare, cycle to work scheme and more)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounts and cashback offers
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.