Senior Risk Assessment Consultant, Cybersecurity
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The Cybersecurity function at HSBC are engaged to transform the way information security is accomplished at the bank and we are set to enable the business to do more, as securely as we want, or need to be. In short, in line with the Bank’s strategy, we are to be Simpler, Better, Faster and of course – More Secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join the Risk Assessment team in the role of Senior Risk Assessment Consultant.
This role is responsible for conducting risk assessments and providing cloud security consultancy within the Risk Assessment team. They will operate as part of a global team within the Cybersecurity organization, leading activities and providing to analyse and execute activities around Cybersecurity process, controls, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review design and development artefacts to ensure security quality in the products being developed.
- Be “hands on” with technology and contribute to the security design, development and support of projects with security recommendations.
- Risk assess HSBC Critical Assets for potential security threats and report findings to IT Service Owners and the Business.
- Identify risks associated with hosting applications on a Cloud environment.
- Support peers and provide guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Present and articulate risks to Stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- An excellent understanding of general security concepts and principles as well as a good understanding of applications design and architecture
- Risk assessment experience with knowledge of Threat Modelling and assessing the impact and likelihood of threat scenarios
- Understanding of emerging technologies and corresponding security threats
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Typically educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally within Cybersecurity) and/or extensive experience within a Cybersecurity role
- Experience of Cybersecurity best practices, risk assessment and/or security testing/ethical hacking
- Skilled in at least 1 Cybersecurity Domain
- Experience with Cloud platforms – AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform would be desirable
The base location for this role is Sheffield.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Closing Date: Thursday 29th August 2019