Cyber Security Incident Response Team Analyst
Staines or Manchester
£50k – £55k + Company Benefits
Full time – 37.5 hours/week
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
Join a team that’s passionate about leading the healthcare market with products and services designed to help people lead better lives.
At Bupa you’ll work on high-impact, innovative projects in an organisation that makes a real difference. You’ll have to be ambitious and eager to play an integral role in our overall digital strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will coordinate and support the response to a cybersecurity event or incident. The goal of the CSIRTA is to minimise and control the damage resulting from cybersecurity incidents, provide practical guidance for the response, coordinate recovery activities, and work to prevent future incidents from reoccurring. Additionally, you will be helping with the monitoring of information security controls within Bupa by analysing alerts escalated to you from the Security Operations team in line with information security policies and practices and dealing with any/all security incidents.
What’s a typical day?
You’ll be joining a high performing security function who keep our customers at the heart of everything they do.
You will aid in the development of security standards and best practices and implement controls to help meet them. Developing use cases, playbooks, policies and custom tooling to improve our security maturity. Recommend security enhancements and service improvement to help drive effective detection, containment and eradication of security risks.
Help to develop our strategies to respond to and recover from security incidents and breaches.
The successful candidate will undertake testing of our security controls to make sure they are operating within the expected detection guidelines.
Create and maintain documentation related to current and future security controls and service.
Who we’re looking for?
- A proven track record working in an enterprise-level SOC or CSIRT function, with experience in handling tier 3 incidents.
- Exposure to Malware tools and ability to analyse Malware.
- You will hold, at least, one of the following security certificates: CISSP, SSCP, GIAC, GCFE, GISP, GSEC or CEH.
- You will have a track record of technical delivery working within a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth experience in at least one technology tower out of: End-User Computing, Hosting, Networks.
- Someone who is confident in their technical expertise and can present themselves as a technical authority and can take a pragmatic view of the application of technologies; understanding the business application of them and able to identify a balance between the management of risk and the capability for the business to continue to operate.
- Working knowledge of – Security Monitoring tools, Cloud environments and dealing with security incidents within, Vulnerability Management and Threat Intelligence.
- Knowledge of perimeter and host security intrusion techniques would be beneficial.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.