Hours: Hybrid Working – You will work 37.5 hours a week. You’ll be working between the hours of 08:00 – 19:00 Monday to Friday. Depending how your rota falls, you will work 3-4 weekends out of 8, 9:00-17:00 Saturday and 09:00-13:00 Sunday.
What does the job entail?
- You will be working within our inbound call centre, addressing a diverse range of customer queries
- The calls you receive will be varied; they could include changes to existing policies, giving quotes, taking payments, supporting customers in financial difficulty
- Your days will be filled with helping our amazing customers who turn to you for your expert knowledge
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- An insurance background is not necessary, we see many skills as transferrable, if you have a background in retail, hospitality, sales or just an interest and passion for customer service we’d love to speak to you
- You will have the ability to forge positive relationships and strive to resolving customer queries first time
- Self- motivated individuals that take pride in what they do who can demonstrate politeness and problem solving skills.
- Computer skills: you’ll take inbound calls whilst navigating our in-house software
- Full 7 weeks training with industry experts and friendly coaches guiding you throughout your career with Hastings. We also use a buddying system once training is complete, so there will always be someone to guide you
- You will work in a modern, open plan office space with a games room that you can enjoy on your lunch break
- We promote a relaxed, friendly & diverse working environment
- Career stepping stones, we love investing and progressing our people by helping them hit their career goals and gain professional qualifications
- ‘Harrys’ – a great onsite restaurant, with a wide range of choice from breakfast time to dinner time & an on-site Costa coffee
- Refer a friend scheme – earn £500 per referral!
- Annual bonus up to 5% bonus
- Pension match (1:1) up to 10%
- Life insurance (4 x base salary)
- A brand new Microsoft Surface 4 laptop
- Discounted Hasting Direct products
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays equivalent (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Potential annual company bonus earnings of 5% of your base salary
- Potential to earn extra money on top of your salary, by working overtime as per business needs.
- Well-being programme as well as health care and dental cash plan
- Access to video consultations with a registered GP for you and your family.
- Cycle to work scheme, as well as discounted rail and bus travel routes
- Discounts & cashback with well-known retailers
- Click apply now to fill out our short application form, most of which you can auto-fill using your CV
- You will then receive a weblink via e-mail to our online assessment (normally received within six minutes) to our online assessment where you’ll experience a realistic job preview that will show you exactly what it’s like to be a part of #lifeatHD. In addition, through a number of tests, we’ll assess to what extent your preferences, personality, and skills are a good fit for our contact centre
- The whole application process is smart phone enabled, just make sure you are in a quiet place somewhere you can concentrate.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.