Do you love the idea of learning on the job? Have you thought about doing an apprenticeship? If you’re looking for a progressive career, love talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced, team-orientated, target driven environment, then look no further! We’re looking for Customer Representatives to join our 24 month apprenticeship programme.
Our apprenticeship programme offers the first step in a new career to becoming a qualified insurance professional. Whether you are looking for your first job, a new career, returning to work after a break or a veteran, we welcome applications from anyone seeking a career and not just a job.
We have exciting opportunities to join our Leicester office. We’re looking for Customer Representatives to join us on a full time permanent basis in our Customer Service and Retention team.
We will support you with a 6 month training plan to give you the basics, and once you have passed your probationary period you will start your apprenticeship.
At present we are enabling our colleagues to work from home, in line with government guidance. If this is not possible due to technical issues, you will be required to work from the office. If you are successful in securing a position with us, you will be required to complete part of your training virtually and part at our office in Leicester.
In our Retention team:
In retention, you will work on a rotational shift pattern between 08:00-19:00 Monday to Friday. Monday- Friday basis! (No weekends!)
As a Retention Customer Representative, you will be working in our inbound call centre and talking to customers. You’ll be dealing with inbound calls each day so, you need to be resilient, driven and enjoy helping customers. The calls you receive will be varied; giving new business quotes, taking payments, and saving customers at the point of renewal.
Our retention teams are absolutely vital to the success of our business. You will personally be accountable for dealing with a portfolio of customer’s worth up to £200,000 and help contribute to a renewals department that is worth £171 million of income to the business.
In our Customer Service team:
In Customer Service our opening hours are 08:00-19:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00-13:00 Saturday and Sunday.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will join our inbound call centre team, talking with our customers for the majority of your shift. You could be addressing customer queries submitted via telephone, email, live chat or instant messages. You’ll be dealing with inbound contacts every day so, you need to be focused, adaptable and enjoy helping customers.
The calls you receive will be varied; they could include making adjustments to existing policies, giving quotes, taking payments, supporting customers in financial difficulty, handling complaints, and saving customers that are looking to cancel their policy with us. To fit in with the team it would be great if you are energetic, enthusiastic and have a desire to help get things right for our customers on first contact.
If you’re successful, we’d expect you to treat our customers and colleagues in the way you’d like to be treated. We want to be the biggest and best digital insurer in the UK and expect and encourage all colleagues to play their part in achieving this. You’ll discover a vibrant atmosphere, where friendly, colleagues are always ready to help each other.
What we’re looking for:
- You don’t have to have customer service experience- we’re looking for people who love talking to people and problem solving
- People who will thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and target driven individuals with excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Basic computer skills. You’ll take inbound calls whilst navigating our in-house software
- Eager to learn- there’ll be a lot to learn but, we’ll give you the tools you need to succeed
- People who are ambitious and keen to progress in a new career
- The ability to be self-motivated and manage your own time is vital to complete an apprenticeship
What we have to offer you:
- Starting salary of £18,535 with potential to earn up to £21,290 as you progress
- Structured career path with the opportunity to develop. As part of the apprenticeship programme, you will gain your first professional insurance qualification (CII certificate)
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday and bank holiday equivalent (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Pension 1:1 match up to maximum 10% and a default match of Colleague 5%, Employer 5%.
- Well-being programme
- Team incentives
- We are reviewing our longer term approach to home working with the aim of introducing flexibility between home and office working
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.