Customer Operations MI Analyst
It’s an exciting time for us as we continue to grow through the power of data and digital trends. We’re looking for an analyst to support the Operations Insight Manager to deliver current MI reporting. You’ll also look for opportunities to make improvements helping the team to make better decisions, faster.
About the role
- Maintain and expand our current BAU MI reporting.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources to create new reports.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our current reporting metrics and how these are utilised across the business, enabling you to identify areas and opportunities for development and efficiencies.
- Liaise with our customer departments and relevant stakeholders and identify their reporting needs.
- Interpret data, identify trends and analyse complex data sets in response to key business questions.
- Instrument of change through articulating the benefits of data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with Operations Insight Manager and stakeholders to prioritise business and information needs.
- Experience using advanced Excel and VBA skills to automate and optimise workflows
- Experience using reporting tools i.e. Cognos and Microsoft Power BI to build and test reusable dashboards and reports based on user requirements
- Ability to work with and utilise large data sets, including through SQL
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Shapes data use cases and identifies key value levers specific to their business unit
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop working relationships
Benefits for you
For us, flexibility is key. Alongside the financials of a pension contribution match up to 5%, 25 days of holiday (which you can buy or sell more of) and up to 5% bonus, we are an agile group that understands talent hasn’t got a template. Our team is spread across offices in London and Bexhill, with options to work from home to suit you and variable hours that we can commit to moulding the role to you
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.