It’s all about the Customer in the Claims department! We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills combined with some experience in insurance (claims would be a bonus!). We want someone who is passionate about service, who will listen to our customers when they need us and lead them through the claims process.
We are passionate about providing a real work-life balance and therefore open to flexible working options. You can either be based at one of our friendly offices (Leicester or Bexhill-On-Sea) combined with partial working from home. For experience candidates, other options can be discussed at interview stage.
As a Claims Case Handler, you will be leading and supporting the customer through the claims process. You will always keep the customers up to date on claims progress, ensuring they shouldn’t need to call to chase us for a status update. We want you to retain ownership of your customers and never pass them around the business and instead, you will find the relevant information and pass this on. You will also play a key role in managing updates through the online customer portal, supporting our customers how to find a quick update themselves.
You will also be able to gain training and experience to be able to manage various claims journeys such as repair and total loss claims.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering excellent customer service throughout the claims journey
- Doing the right thing for both the customers and the company, measured by net promoter scores, indemnity spend and claims expenses
- Getting our customers back on the road as swiftly as possible in repair and total loss circumstances
- Be held accountable for customers within your portfolio ensuring they never need to chase us for an update
- Communicating clearly with the customer throughout to ensure the claims experience is refreshingly straightforward
- Managing all claims in line with company policy, deploying robust reserve management and maintenance
- To always meet customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes
- To continuously develop your own skills to improve performance in the role
We’re looking for people who have:
- Excellent customer service skills including active listening and ability to flex communication style
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Background in insurance (claims beneficial)
- Self-motivated and able to use your initiative
- Knowledge of motor claims repair and total loss processes advantageous
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Negotiable starting salary dependant on experience
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Flexible working opportunities
Pension match up to 10%
A dynamic and flexible environment
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.