It’s an exciting time to join us here at Hastings Direct! Due to ongoing growth, we have a number of opportunities for Credit Hire Negotiators to join our Credit Hire department. We are looking for highly motivated individuals that have a strong motor claims background and a thorough grasp of existing credit hire law.
This role can be based at either our Bexhill or Leicester office (with flexible working options). However, if you do live further afield, we are able to offer this role on a permanent homeworking basis.
Working as part of a dynamic team, you will be responsible for your own workload of hire/repair claims and managing hire spend across the Third Party Claims department. You will manage and control these hire spends through robust negotiation, investigation and provision of services.
We are going through a period of operational transformation within Claims which means there’s no better time to join us and play a part in this amazing journey. This, combined with our passion for developing talent, means there will always be opportunities to progress and develop your career with us.
What will you be doing?
- Managing a workload of hire/repair claims
- Pro-actively managing the customer claims journey
- Responsible for making decisions in regards to indemnity and liability
- Maintaining accurate reserves
- Protecting the company against third party credit hire claims and minimise exposure to incoming third party credit hire and credit hire repair claims
- Servicing inbound phone calls from third parties, customers, garages and other suppliers
- Meeting monthly targets and ensuring hire spend across the department is reducing
- Referring litigation cases to the appointed handler within 24 hours
- Scope to work injury claims in the portal that include credit hire
We’re looking for people who have:
- Excellent knowledge of the ABI GTA and existing credit hire law
- Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Good commercial awareness
- Drive of self-development
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to work as a team, whilst also being able use initiative and work independently
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive base salary
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Flexible working opportunities
Pension match up to 10%
A supportive, dynamic and flexible environment
A business that rewards achievements and focuses on development
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.