Corporate Affairs Executive
Angel Court, London
Up to £35k dependent on experience
Full time 35 hours per week
Closing date 11 September 2020
We’re an international health insurer and healthcare provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We directly employ around 83,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Chile, Poland, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Turkey, Brazil, the US, Middle East and Ireland. We also have associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further. Bupa could be the perfect match.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll provide support across the Group External Relations (ER) team which covers corporate and financial communications, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability and public affairs across the global organisation. Reporting to the Group Head of External Relations (ER), you’ll work in conjunction with other members of the Group Customer and Corporate Affairs team, Bupa’s business across the world (our Market and Business Units), and other global functions including Strategy, Legal, Finance, People, Company Secretary and Risk.
This role gives the successful candidate exposure to a broad range of issues across corporate communications.
What’s a typical day?
- Support the Group Heads of ER and Corporate Communications and the wider team in managing communications around corporate news and business developments including M&A and people announcements.
- Support the Head of Public Affairs with horizon-scanning for potential policy changes and external risks that may impact Bupa’s Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CR&S) agenda.
- Support the drafting and delivery of our mandatory CR&S statements
- Provide the secretariat and appropriate governance support to the CR&S Committee, global CR&S Network and working groups as required.
- Draft timely, high quality written materials for our CEO and other senior leaders, including briefing notes, speeches, statements, Q&As, press releases and presentations
- Initiate ideas for digital and written content that helps to amplify our CR&S agenda and other Group announcements and priorities on Group channels.
- Support the financial communications cycle, including the Annual Report and Accounts, working with businesses and functions to make sure these are delivered accurately and on time.
- Collate and report on global activity through collaboration with colleagues in Bupa’s markets around the world.
- Monitor Bupa Group’s social channels and the Group press phone, inside and outside working hours, on a rota basis.
- When required, support the team with crisis communications handling, help to develop position statements and messaging, supporting spokespeople, tracking social media.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience of corporate communications – either in-house or in agency.
- An interest in business writing, including around financial information and corporate responsibility and sustainability
- Ability to create high quality internal reports and external briefings for senior stakeholders to tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proactive in suggesting creative ideas that translate across multiple internal and external communications channels.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in digital and social media communications.
- Confidence operating with senior level stakeholders, building trusted relationships across the business and across different cultures and geographies.
- Experience building and facilitating networks would be great
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 years. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit through local gym discounts where no onsite gym. We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.