We have a bold ambition to become the biggest and best digital insurer in the market! We are looking for a couple of Continuous Improvement Managers to join us on our operational transformation journey and work collaboratively as part of wider project team. This role will have no direct reports, with the main focus being on delivery of efficiency and contact reduction activities within retail operations to help drive our digital agenda forward.
You will be responsible for the delivery of agreed improvements and associated benefits of transformation initiatives using appropriate methodologies. You will play an essential part of a project team during the life cycle of the improvement activity and provide appropriate updates to key internal partners in line with the agreed communication plans and timescales.
What will you be doing?
- Shape an appropriate approach for each improvement activity
- Design and adhere to an appropriate internal partner/communication strategy
- Estimate costs and resource required for any improvement activities, as well as being able to size the benefit of change accordingly
- Deliver the expected improvement through the agreed approach, on time and within the agreed budget/costings
- Implement detailed sustainment plans for all initiatives within the BAU function, to ensure full and ongoing benefits realisation
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with all changes and recommendations with clear and accurate reporting and governance (RAID logs)
- Create and maintain written reports for key internal partners which highlights issues or potential improvements
- Provide business context to data driven recommendations from across the business to allow Operations to understand and prioritise appropriately
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience of delivering change projects through a recognised change/project management methodology such as Agile, Lean Six Sigma etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, combined with experience of successfully influencing and engaging senior leaders
- Ability to adapt their approach to the most appropriate methodology for the improvement
- Effective structured risk management and mitigation
- Accredited in a change management discipline (foundation level minimum)
- Agile BA, Prince 2, Six Sigma and/or Lean Green Belt desirable
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive base salary
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Up to 10% pension match
A business that focuses on development and nurturing talent
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.