We’re looking for a Content Editor to join the Marketing team at Reach Work – part of Reach Plc, the UK’s largest national and regional news publisher. Our portfolio includes 3 specialist job sites, GAAPweb (accountancy and finance), TotallyLegal (legal) and SecsintheCity (PAs and business support), as well as Fish4jobs, the job site of Reach Plc’s network of regional and national news brands.
In this role you’ll be responsible for optimising job advert copy across the job sites, working closely with our commercial teams to ensure optimal results for our clients, as well as writing career content for our blogs and partners and sharing these across our social channels.
Part of the marketing team, you’ll be the voice of the brands and your role will be focused on both b2b (employers & recruiters) and b2c (job seeker) audiences.
This role is home and hub based linked to our Canary Wharf Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in and around the London area.
How to apply? When you submit your application please include a cover letter with links to your previous professional writing examples. If you have a personal blog or unpaid writing experience examples too we’re happy to have these included with your professional links.
What will the role involve?
- Optimise and editorialise job copy across our sites to maximise visibility and response
- Research and write career related articles tailored to the specialism of each market (e.g. legal and finance)
- Plan, write and publish engaging social media content on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Work closely with partners on commissioned content, event promotion and more
- Work with our SEO consultant, to ensure best practice for creating search engine optimised content that drives organic traffic to our sites
- Foster a collaborative, working relationship with the commercial teams to ensure optimal performance for key clients
- Own the tone of voice for each brand and act as a gatekeeper for all written content on the Reach Work sites
Who are we looking for?
- Degree educated, with at least 2 years’ experience within a Content Editor, Content Marketer or Copywriter role
- Experience writing a variety of content, from social media posts and on-site messaging through to white papers and long form articles
- A flair for adapting tone of voice to the context of the copy requirement
- Understanding of SEO best practice and experience of optimising content for search engines
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.