This is an amazing opportunity to join a high performing Complex Fraud team, who consist of some of the best in the industry.
You’ll tackle a mix of complex fraud cases, including fraud ring operations, high value/high profile cases and ad-hoc cases. You will also be required to act as a knowledge referral point for Negotiators and Senior Negotiators, providing coaching, mentoring and training within the department.
Quality is important to us, so you will monitor this along with accuracy through individual audit reporting and assist the Claims Fraud Technical Manager & Complex Fraud Team Leaders with delegated tasks and responsibilities.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the Claims Fraud Technical Manager and Complex Fraud Team Leaders with large loss reporting, complex fraud management and general reporting
- Communicating via telephone and written correspondence with the policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments
- To act as a referral point for the other areas of claims fraud, providing coaching, mentoring and training
- Working within a team to ensure performance, quality and service needs are met on a day to day basis
- Responsible for your own allocation of complex fraud cases to the expected standard required
- To always ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations
- Realistic inputting and prompt updating of claims reserves
- Investigating liability where required by telephone enquiries, accident report forms, instructing accident investigators, apply for police reports and any other necessary investigations
- Making decisions on liability, admitting, disputing, or negotiating split settlements
- Settle claims in a timely manner, achieving appropriate economic settlements and avoiding financial leakage
- Instructing and liaising with appointed agents for foreign claims, and appointed medical agencies on both represented and unrepresented injury claims
We’re looking for people who have:
- Proven knowledge and experience within Claims Fraud
- Experience with litigation and trials
- Previous experience with coaching and mentoring
- Enthusiastic and committed to operational success
- Ability to identify inconsistencies between various documents/evidence
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Pension match up to 10%
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.