Commissioning Engineer Station Systems
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, you will predominately work night shifts on the London Underground to commission various stations communication systems and be responsible for physically deploying and implementing the technology at the station premise. This includes the deployment of remote station management systems and integration with existing communication assets.
What you’ll do:
- Production of daily shift reports
- Completion of inspection and test plans
- Marking up ‘As built drawings’
- Completing onsite commissioning
- Provide detailed reports on issues identified
- Supporting the site implementation team.
Who you are:
You will have experience of configuring, testing and commissioning at least one (preferably more) of the following station communications systems: station management systems, security CCTV (Analogue and IP), customer information systems and displays, public address, voice alarm and induction loops, passenger help points, data networks and ‘one- person operation’ (OPO) CCTV Systems.
- Strong fault finding and diagnosis experience
- Proven experience delivering communications related projects into a Rail or Metro environment (preferably LUL)
- Knowledge of medium sized communications networks.
- Full Driving Licence.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Commercial Vehicle
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: