At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we accept change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and adopt fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead!
We have a tremendous opportunity for an experienced commercial underwriter to join our established team in Birmingham on a permanent basis.
What you’ll be doing:
You will retain profitable business from brokers in your assigned region. To improve your underwriting and trading skills and those of other Underwriters within the Underwriting Centre. To develop helpful relationships with key brokers. This will include :
- Delivery of Existing Business financial plan (including rate carry and retention)
- Underwriting in accordance with PUA and Underwriting Guidelines to meet required profit targets
- Acting as a referral point for lower level PUAs and support in improving Underwriting capability
- Quality sampling and Accreditation checking of work in the Underwriting Centre
- Improving own contribution through active self development
- Deliver quality broker service in line with Broker Segmentation service levels
- Identify, own and handle the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role and in line with the DLG Insurance Risk framework and associated governance frameworks
- Supply to wider business activities – including support to Senior Technical Underwriter
Who you’ll be working with:
We are a Trading Region handling New and Existing Business, this role is within our Existing Business Team. We have 7 multi skilled Commercial Underwriters within the Existing Business Team. We are a highly successful, and work extremely well together to achieve our overall Regional goals. Our strapline is NIG Midlands – The Team Worth Talking To
What we are looking for:
- You will have Previous underwriting experience preferably writing existing business.
- Trading skills
- You can develop broker panel and internal relationships
- You will have local market awareness
What we’ll give you:
We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge. DLG reached number 35 on Glassdoor’s top places to work in 2018, because of our working culture, dedication and passion for developing our colleagues; a place where you can truly build a long-lasting career!
Closing Date: undisclosed