Do you have a passion for biking and bikers? Do you know your passengers from your pillions, your bars from your wheels and think forks are for the road and not for dinner? If you #thinkbike and are passionate about putting our bike customers at the forefront of everything you do then we’d love to hear from you.
This is a brand new exciting opportunity for an ambitious Commercial Manager to join our Claims team to deliver the execution of our commercial strategy. We are bold in our ambition so you will need to share our passion, energy and vision to support our transformation into a top quartile claims function.
Location: This role can be offered at either our Leicester or Bexhill site in combination with home working or, for the right person, we have a permanent home working option.
Hastings Direct have great insurance propositions for bikers and our low cost, simple and effective insurance solutions mean we have a significant presence in the insurance market protecting bikers and their bikes. We’re now extending our expertise in transforming our biker customer journey for our customers at their moment of need.
Reporting into one of our two Strategy and Commercial Directors, this role will focus on the bike customer journey along with spend management. You will be working closely with our specialist suppliers to provide an excellent service for our bike customers, ensuring we provide the right solutions at exactly the right time. You will also drive forward our collaboration and innovation to develop and deploy exciting new service propositions, including digital, in our bid to become the biggest and best digital insurer.
What will you be doing?
- Support the setting and delivery of our Peril strategies to maximise the commercial outcome
- Support the forecasting and budgeting activity for claims, including setting and managing trading performance for a core aspect of our customer journey
- Own the commercial performance of a key component of claims, ensuring these are documented, understood and performance measures are in place to meet our ambitious objectives and business plans
- Identifying trading performance and customer journey improvement opportunities
- Develop appropriate strategies to tackle any market or competitor risks and capitalise on opportunities these may bring
- Identify and develop business cases for key changes across claims that will lead to improved performance
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relations with all stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in relevant operations teams to ensure strong monitoring and control of the end-to-end third party business
- Become the ‘go to’ person in Claims for key journeys in the overall process
We’re looking for people who have:
- A strong commercial claims background (bike experience highly advantageous), including a solid understanding of claims and risk management practices
- Strong commercial acumen – comfortable with the mechanics of the first and third party P&L and drivers of performance
- Proven experience of being able to drive and deliver change effectively within a matrix organisation
- An innovative, driven approach who will actively seek out opportunities to evolve current practices and propositions
- Natural problem solving skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive base salary
A strong development trajectory due to this being a newly created ole
Up to 10% bonus earning potential
27 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
Pension match up to 10%
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell)
Discounted Hastings Direct products and more!
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.