We are on the lookout for an ambitious, driven person to join us as a Commercial Executive within our Accidental Damage Claims team. If you’re a natural problem solver with outstanding stakeholder management and thrive in a fast-paced working environment then this may be your next move.
We are passionate about providing a real work-life balance and therefore open to flexible working options. You can either be based at one of our friendly offices (Leicester or Bexhill-On-Sea) combined with partial working from home, or, be fully home based for the right candidate.
Our new Commercial Executive will join our Claims team to support the execution of our commercial strategy. By working with key members of the commercial team, along with wider stakeholders, you will track and analyse commercial performance and support delivery against ambitious targets. These targets support our ongoing claims transformation into a top quartile function.
This role offers a motivated and driven person a great opportunity to set the tone for commercial trading insight and performance and you will drive changes to improve overall claims performance. It will be exciting, busy and varied so we’re looking for someone who call roll their sleeves up and have a ‘hands on’ approach.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the delivery of our Peril strategy to maximise the commercial outcome (we should be paying the right amount on every claim – no more, no less!)
- Creating and developing the commercial MI suite and working in collaboration with the claims analytics team to ensure all MI is timely and accurate
- Championing a ‘trading’ culture to track key changes in claims costs and identify performance improvement opportunities
- Supporting the creation and setting of an ambitious third party budget and manage the process of reporting against targets and initiatives
- Owning key parts of the commercial initiatives we have to reduce indemnity spend
- Developing and maintaining strong and effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Analysing the market to identify commercial opportunities by tracking/reviewing competitor business models and propositions
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders across various teams
We’re looking for people who have:
- Strong commercial acumen – comfortable with the mechanics of a P&L and drivers of performance
- Good analytical skills to interpret claims data
- Innovative and driven personality
- Great attention to detail
- Natural problem solving abilities
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to embrace opportunities to develop and learn
- Shows a good level of self awareness and drive
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Negotiable starting salary dependant on experience
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Flexible working opportunities
The ability to stand out and make an impact
Pension match up to 10%
A dynamic, flexible and supportive environment
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.