Hastings is a leading company within the UK general insurance market; our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer.
This is an exciting time for us, as we continue to grow through embracing digital trends and the power of data. We are looking for a Commercial Executive to support with driving performance and profitability, creating and analysing MI and working with key stakeholders to deliver against our short- and long-term plans.
Reporting directly into the Commercial Manager for renewals, you will support them to deliver budgeted commercial performance and implement strategic and tactical initiatives. This role has a real scope to work across multiple teams/touchpoints that effect renewals including – Email Marketing, pricing, operations and digital.
We promote a flexible approach to working, with offices based in London, Bexhill and Leicester.
How you will make a difference:
- You will create and analyse management information (MI) to make recommendations that improve business performance.
- You will compile and deliver insight and analysis into commercial performance, interpreting how that impacts key performance indicators (KPIs) and identifying what actions we should take as a result
- You’ll be accountable for the timely and accurate delivery of daily, weekly, and monthly MI.
- Assist commercial managers in budget and reforecast planning.
- You will identify and contribute to the ideation of commercial plans and initiatives
- Provide support in the production of commercial presentations.
What we are looking for:
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a hands-on approach to drive commercial performance is key.
You will have a strong commercial awareness and understanding of what makes a successful and profitable business. Being able to work with and interpret large sets of data is key as this will ultimately drive our commercial decisions, whilst providing a smooth customer journey.
We would like you to be passionate about sharing your ideas to engage and enthuse some of our most senior stakeholders on our journey, so excellent communication skills are important.
We want you to be relentlessly curious, a creative thinker, enthusiastic with drive and adaptability in any situations that could come your way.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct
- Real opportunity to make a difference and shape something special
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.