Reach Solutions is looking to appoint a Commercial Consumer Writer to join our team here in Canary Wharf. We are looking for an experienced and creative writer that is able to create editorial articles that integrates commerce and content, in order to directly generate affiliate revenue. This is no ordinary journalist position, and sits directly within the commercial business side of our business, so experience in a similar affiliate editorial role is essential.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Write content that contributes to the growth of affiliate revenues on Express.co.uk
- Use various data sources to identify affiliate opportunities
- Write sparkling new content to excite our audience and drive affiliate revenue
- Use your in-depth SEO knowledge to write and update content that will rank on Google
- Initially working across a number of retail and services categories, growing within the role to specialise in key categories in the future
Who are we looking for?
- Solid writing ability with proven experience in writing great affiliate content
- Strong understanding of general Affiliate Marketing principles and a good knowledge of SEO
- Experience in using keyword and analytics tools to help shape new content choices and optimise existing content
- A strong interest and awareness of online trends and e-commerce as a whole
- Experience using CMS platforms, basic photo tools, social media scheduling platforms and basic production tools
- An eagerness to drive sales, hit targets and earn bonuses!
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.