We’ve got the ultimate job for an experienced content marketer to lead a team producing high-quality editorial content for clients looking to reach the biggest audience in Manchester and the wider North West.
We’re searching for a professional writer who is as comfortable in front of clients as they are at creating brilliant content and can spearhead a team of other commercial journalists and videographers to produce the best marketing solutions around.
You’ll work closely with our commercial teams across the country to deliver content marketing campaigns, advertorials and social media content, as well as coming up with new ideas for clients.
Every day is different. One day you could be filming a Facebook Live at the opening of a new restaurant, the next creating a content campaign that will deliver results on social media and increase search visibility for a client, the next writing a series of sponsor profiles for businesses or helping another editor come up with innovative ways of delivering content.
We need someone who is exceptionally organised, can deliver to deadlines, can lead a team and is happy presenting to clients and colleagues.
Our work is fast-paced, experimental and innovative. We need people who enjoy the challenge of a truly digital team, embrace change and have a willingness to learn.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
As part of our Editorial Revenue team, you will be producing engaging stories for the commercial side of our business. You’ll be working closely with our newsrooms and other editors around the group, ensuring campaigns run smoothly from start to finish and are simply fabulous.
You will start every day attending a news conference and end it by looking at the performance of all your content. You’re obsessed with quality and work hard to ensure that everything you turn out and oversee is worthy of home page placement on the Manchester Evening News.
You will mentor and lead writers locally and support others in the broader team and be a powerhouse of ideas. And did we say you will be writing lots? Because that’s at the heart of everything we do.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will always be able to find the best way to tell stories in words, pictures, video and audio to engage an audience. You will also :
- Understand how to optimise stories for search
- Will possess the social media skills to make that content stand out in people’s newsfeeds
- You will have the confidence to sell that story to a client
- You will have the analytical skills and understanding to be able to demonstrate how that content performed.
Oh – and be wonderful to work with as part of our broader Specialist Content team. That’s really important to us.
This position will be home based (within the UK) offering flexibility to the location of the candidate. Some travel may be required.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.