Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT)
Salary: circa £40,000 pro-rata
Full Time & Part Time hours available (min 2x days per week)
A bit about us
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
We have a network of Health Clinics across the UK that provide a range of private Health services such as physiotherapy, health assessments, GP appointments and a growing provision of mental health services.
What you’ll be doing
Providing high intensity CBT sessions on a 1-2-1 basis, this role will treat clients referred from our insurance business who need support with their mental health and wellbeing. Working remotely initially you will be a first point of clinical contact for people with potential mental health issues and you will provide a high quality, effective and safe mental wellbeing service across agreed sectors of care. Specifically to:
- Deliver a comprehensive assessment and formulation that drives an evidence-based intervention
- Ensure a thorough assessment determines the most appropriate pathway of care and support for the eligible employee
- Work at an individual level with different models of service delivery including face-to-face, telephone or video consultation depending on employee preference
- Provide assessment and high intensity CBT for eligible clients, or low-level brief interventions which demonstrate excellent clinical outcomes and to provide assessment and signposting or onwards referral as and when required
- Provide assessment and support via an online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy programme
- Provide ad-hoc or one-off wellbeing support and coaching as and when required
You may also support one of our corporate clients by providing group psychoeducation sessions, and raising and promoting mental wellbeing awareness when required. By April 2021 we hope these roles will be able to safely transition to providing face to face sessions based from one of our corporate client’s offices in London.
Who we’re looking for?
- Must hold Post-Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT/High Intensity) which is BABCP accredited
- ESSENTIAL – Full Accreditation with British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) (Provisional accreditation may be considered depending on experience and additional qualifications)
- Prior experience delivering high intensity CBT interventions, working with clients of working age who have a range of presentations
- Training and accreditation in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological treatment, such as EMDR is preferred
- Experience of delivering CBT in a corporate setting
- Diverse and varied clinical experience to draw upon
- IT Skills including proficient on Microsoft Systems as well as electronic medical record systems
- Prior experience of managing own caseload and working towards individual targets and outcomes
- Ability to present to groups and deliver training workshops
In addition, you will be a strong team player, have excellent communication skills and be able to work autonomously and at pace.
As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You can also benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 years. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme. Clinicians with Bupa also benefit from ongoing support with their CPD.
What’s it like to work here?
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.