As a Cloud FinOps Analyst you will join the Financial Management and Control team within our Chief Technology Office, and will work with a variety of stakeholders from across the business to promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness for the Company’s cloud consumption.
Cloud technologies and agile working practices are pivotal to Hastings technology transformation and growth strategies. We are passionate about creating new services that transform both colleague and customer experiences and our technology, culture and approach is changing to embrace true cloud first principles.
With the above in mind this Cloud FinOps role is essential to ensuring that our journey to the cloud is a seamless one and would be ideal for a self-motivated/goal orientated individual who is constantly looking to make improvements and drive efficiencies.
This role is a remote working opportunity and whilst we can flexible on location across the UK, there will be occasional travel required to our Offices.
What you will do
- Support the monthly budget and forecast process for cloud – including managing consumption, chargebacks/showbacks and savings in collaboration with IT, Finance, Procurement and Technical Owners.
- Liaise with the Purchasing team regarding purchase orders, billing and reconciliation.
- Support stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and budgeted forecast.
- Monitor cloud consumption at account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Analyse, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools, CMDB, and other asset inventories as applicable.
- Collaborate with Cloud Engineering and Architecture Engineers to track resource utilization in order to define and execute relevant cloud commitment plans and to define strategies to re-purpose freed up capacity.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape.
- Evaluate and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience within a Cloud FinOps/Cloud spend role within a large professional environment.
- Proven experience of designing, developing and maintaining spend analysis and spend tracking processes and KPI’s.
- Strong understanding of public cloud players (e.g. AWS, Azure), their product portfolio and commercial models.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Azure cloud services and billing semantics.
- Understanding of the key drivers, concepts and language that Finance, Procurement, Service Management and/or Technology teams use day-to-day.
- Strong financial analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment, managing multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Strong written/verbal communication and advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- Degree in Business, Finance, IT or Analytics (preferred)
- Azure Fundamentals/Azure Fin Ops foundational certifications (preferred)
- A willingness to undergo further FinOps Foundation Practitioner certifications as required.
Benefits for you
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we will give you are;
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.