You would be joining us on a journey to transform to cloud and cloud native services, to meet our ambitious growth strategy and power our relentless focus on our 4C’s culture focusing on Customer, Community, Colleagues, Company. We want to deliver simple and straight forward journeys for our customers through technology and by doing the right thing.
Cloud technologies and agile working practices are pivotal to Hastings technology transformation journey. In the Cloud Engineering team, we are passionate about creating new services that transform colleague and customer experience. Hastings Direct technology, culture and approach is changing to embrace true engineering and cloud first principles. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Cloud Engineer to join our growing team to deliver a strategic cloud platform on Azure.
Whilst this role is primarily focussed on building our core strategic platform on Microsoft Azure there may also be opportunities to work on both Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Managed Desktop. Therefore, experience of these technologies would be considered a bonus.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and deliver cloud features and functionality on our new core strategic platform which is currently being built on Azure.
- Help to migrate our core services from their current on-prem datacentres in to Azure.
- Use agile working practices to collaborate across engineering disciplines and with strategic partners to release enterprise class cloud services.
- Work with our Architecture function to define cloud best practice and then design, build, and test cloud native services that provide the appropriate guardrails for developers.
- Work with technology colleagues to define and deliver cloud solutions.
- Develop a product catalogue based on Infrastructure as Code to empower our developers to deliver at pace, writing code, driving automation, implementing new features and enhancements in a secure way, ensuring operational readiness and reducing toil through automation.
- Drive continuous improvements to ensure we operate an evergreen platform.
What experience do you need?
- Recent and strong experience of Azure, specifically building infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code, using technologies such as Azure DevOps, Bicep, Ansible and Terraform.
- Hands on experience with a range of Public Cloud technologies and services such as IaaS, PaaS, Serverless and more.
- A strong background working in enterprise infrastructure, ideally with experience of Microsoft Windows Server and/or Linux Operating systems, Active Directory, Group Policy and virtualisation (specifically VMware).
- Experience of Kubernetes and containerisation, container management and security processes.
- Strong scripting ability in languages such as PowerShell and Bash.
- Experience with Git and source control best practice.
- Working in cross functional teams with architectural, business, and other engineering functions to shape, design and build solutions.
It would be desirable if you had:
- Training or certifications in Microsoft Azure, DevOps Tooling or Kubernetes.
- Recent practical experience in API development and deployment in a cloud native environment.
- A good understanding of networking principles and some understanding of firewalls and load balancers would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of security best practices in the Cloud
- Experience working within both Agile and Waterfall projects.
What we will give you;
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Highly competitive basic salary
- £5k car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 27 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.