Clinical Services Manager
Kilfillan Care Home Graemesdyke Road, Berkhamsted, HP4 3LZ
This is taking the lead. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. To do this, we need to support and champion our care and nursing teams. We’re looking for a Registered Nurse with a strong nursing background to work as a Clinical Services Manager, leading our team at Kilfillan Care Home in Berkhamsted.
Working hours and salary
Up to £43,680 annually
42 hours per week (24 hours Supernumerary and 18 hours on the floor)
What your typical day involves
- You’ll oversee and assist all aspects of nursing care/activities within the home
- With the help of your nursing team, you’ll create and update individual care plans for our residents, maintaining clear, accurate and up-to-date medication records
- It’s imperative that the correct staffing levels are maintained through efficient management of rotas, you’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home
- Drawing on your experience as a nurse, you’ll provide day to day support and guidance to our team of nurses – promoting our residents’ independence, choice and dignity
- You’ll build lasting relationships with the residents and the people they care about, as well as caring about the home itself – fostering a sense of community
- Creating and developing strong relationships with local partners – you’ll liaise with these partners, playing an important role in raising the care home’s profile in the local area and beyond
Who we’re looking for
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the nursing NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- With a real understanding of the benefits that the right nursing care can bring to resident’s lives, you’ll champion independence, choice and dignity by delivering the highest quality care to our residents
- You’ll possess up-to-date nursing knowledge of tissue viability, infection control and care planning
- A nurse who’s an effective communicator, you’re able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and their families
- You’re a natural leader, someone who’s ready to share their nursing experience – leading and mentoring a team, able to delegate effectively and promote excellent customer service and relationships
- Someone with excellent time management who can effectively prioritise their workload
- A respectful and compassionate nurse who’s a team player with the belief in giving your personal best
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events.
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Set in Berkhamsted, Kilfillan House is accessible by public transport with Berkhamsted station, just a 15 minute walk away. The home provides care for people living with Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease and Multiple Sclerosis. With a real friendly, community feel, the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence – organising a wide variety of activities meaning there’s no typical day here. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Job Reference: KIL0075_1631024728
Salary: Up to £20.00 per hour + Plus excellent Bupa package
Salary From: £20.00
Salary To: £20.00
Job Industries: Medical and Nursing
Job Locations: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
Job Types: Permanent