Abbotsleigh Mews Care Home, Old Farm Road East, Sidcup, DA15 8AY
This is taking the lead. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. To do this, we need to support and champion our care and nursing teams. We’re looking for a Registered Nurse with a strong nursing background to work as a Clinical Services Manager, leading our team at Abbotsleigh Mews Care Home in Sidcup.
Working hours and salary
8:00am – 2:00pm / 2:00pm – 8:00pm & occassional night shift 8:00pm – 8:00am
40 hour contract – £40,102.40 + Bupa benefits package
You’ll oversee and assist all aspects of nursing care/activities within the home
With the help of your nursing team, you’ll create and update individual care plans for our residents, maintaining clear, accurate and up-to-date medication records
It’s imperative that the correct staffing levels are maintained through efficient management of rotas, you’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home
Drawing on your experience as a nurse, you’ll provide day to day support and guidance to our team of nurses – promoting our residents’ independence, choice and dignity
You’ll build lasting relationships with the residents and the people they care about, as well as caring about the home itself – fostering a sense of community
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the nursing NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- With a real understanding of the benefits that the right nursing care can bring to resident’s lives, you’ll champion independence, choice and dignity by delivering the highest quality care to our residents
- You’ll possess up-to-date nursing knowledge of tissue viability, infection control and care planning
- A nurse who’s an effective communicator, you’re able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and their families
- You’re a natural leader, someone who’s ready to share their nursing experience – leading and mentoring a team, able to delegate effectively and promote excellent customer service and relationships
- Someone with excellent time management who can effectively prioritise their workload
- A respectful and compassionate nurse who’s a team player with the belief in giving your personal best
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events.
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Less than a 10 minute walk from Sidcup train station, Abbotsleigh Mews sits in a leafy suburb and offers residential and nursing care along with specialist dementia care. With a real family feel, this home provides person centred care, championing dignity and independence and encourages our residents to contribute to the running of the home.