Full Time and Part Time hours available (minimum 2x days per week)
A bit about us
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About the area you’ll be working in
We have a network of Health Clinics across the UK that provide a range of private Health services such as physiotherapy, health assessments, GP appointments and a growing provision of mental health services.
What you’ll be doing
Under the direction of a Lead Psychologist you will provide clinical practice on a 1-2-1 basis to Bupa clients referred from our insurance business who need support with their mental health and wellbeing. Working remotely initially you will be a first point of clinical contact for people with potential mental health issues and concerns and you will provide a high quality, effective and safe mental wellbeing service across agreed sectors of care via Skype or MS Teams. We hope that by 2021 these roles will be able to safely transition to providing face to face sessions with clients either working at one of our Bupa Health Clinics or supporting one of our corporate clients based in their offices in London.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing a high quality, effective and safe mental health and wellbeing service to employees using evidence-based practice
- Contributing to health promotion activities and initiatives for the client’s workforce
- Delivering comprehensive assessment and formulation that drives an evidence-based intervention for employees
- Ensuring an assessment determines the most appropriate pathway of care and support for the eligible employee
- Working at an individual level with differing models of service delivery including face-to-face, telephone or video consultation depending on employee preference and need
Who we’re looking for?
- Professional doctorate qualification in Clinical/Counselling Psychology as accredited by the British Psychological Society
- Health and Care Professions Council registration as a qualified Chartered Clinical/Counselling Psychologist
- General adult mental health experience
- CBT qualification and/or relevant experience or training and accreditation in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological relevance
- Extensive post-qualification clinical experience from a clinical psychology practice with diverse and varied clinical experience to draw upon
- Experience of clinical management
- Experience of leadership and team management
- Corporate experience preferably from a similar role
- Ability to present to groups and delivr training workshops
- Training and accreditation in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological relevance, such as EMDR strongly preferred
- Research and academic published work in reputable peer-reviewed journals strongly preferred
In addition, you will be a strong team player, have excellent communication skills, be able to work autonomously and at pace and have some understanding or prior experience of working in a business environment.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. You can also benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 years. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme. Clinicians with Bupa also benefit from ongoing support with their CPD.
What’s it like to work here?
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.