Job: Clinical Physiologist (Sleep)
Location: Bupa Cromwell Hospital, 164-178 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW5 0TU
Role: Permanent, full time
Salary: Highly competitive plus excellent benefits package
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Physiologist to undertake daily investigations, monitoring and interventions in a neurophysiology and a sleep department and to effectively link the Sleep and Neurophysiology Departments where testing domains overlap.
You would need to have a have a high level of expertise and be familiar with all clinical functions of the ‘Sleep Unit’ and be competent in the following within adults and paediatrics:
- Full Montage Nocturnal Polysomnography (NPSG)
- Respiratory Sleep Investigation
- Score NPSG’s and Respiratory Sleep Investigations to current guidelines
- CPAP/NIV Initiation and monitoring
- Transcutaneous O2/CO2 Monitoring
Further responsibilities include:
- Lead a range of technical and analytical procedures related to a paediatric and adult sleep unit in a hospital environment.
- Provide a range of specialist service sleep tasks as full polysomnography, PAP therapy, MSLT studies and overnight portable sleep studies and advise and assist patients and families on specific matters where appropriate.
- Perform complex sleep studies involving intervention (CPAP trial, Bi-PAP test or split-night studies).
- Give support to patients and families with children on NIV and demonstrate the correct use of the equipment, including the assessment of the fitting of NIV masks.
- Perform sleep studies in ambulatory regime on other wards and provide technical and sleep study expertise to support nursing staff responsible for the care of the sleep study patient or another ward to ensure the quality of the sleep study.
- Give a detailed explanation of sleep studies and to give support to children and their families to respiratory sleep studies.
- Download portable sleep studies and interpret the data recorded producing a written factual report.
- Removal of sleep monitoring equipment from the patient at the end of the sleep study.
The successful candidate:
- BSc (Hons) in Clinical Physiology/Medical Science, or equivalent formal specialist training.
- RCCP registration (essential)
- Knowledge of a broad range of basic, complex and highly complex neurophysiology and sleep investigations techniques.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience as a Sleep or Neuro Physiologist.
- Ability to undertake further studies.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To view our fantastic range of employee benefits, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or for further information.