Clinical Informatics Nurse – Critical Care
Fixed Term – 18 months contract
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Monday – Friday
Salary: £40,223 – £46,927 per annum
Bupa Cromwell Hospital
We are looking for a driven Clinical Informatics Nurse to help create and implement a forward thinking, electronic health record for our brand new state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit. They will be working within a small Clinical Informatics team to produce innovative, practical workflows for our Critical Care multidisciplinary team.
A bit about us
Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
Critical Care Unit
Our unit treats a wide range of patients with different needs. Work ranges from elective surgical cases, to welcoming international Level 3 and Level 2 patients that require a high level of medical and nursing support. Various specialisms also involve Cardiothoracic surgery, Lung surgery, Renal Transplant, Liver Robotics, Orthopaedics, Neuro and Maxillofacial. The unit aims to deliver safe, high quality care whilst providing a supported environment to the nursing team.
The Clinical Informatics Nurse will be expected to have a Critical Care nursing background to help create and develop the configuration on the electronic health record system, in line with local and national policies, governance and guidance. They need to be confident in contributing to the Clinical Informatics steering group committee to drive innovative changes that will enhance care. The Clinical Informatics nurse will need to successfully train nurses, allied health professionals and doctors to be able to navigate and use the system correctly and with ease.
What you’ll be doing
- Provides clinical expertise in customising and developing the Electronic Health Records (EHR) system ensuring it complies with current clinical practices, policies, information governance and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Promote EHR user accuracy, data integrity and reliability.
- Provide effective communication on an interdisciplinary level to ensure patient safety and transformation.
- Perform IntelliSpace Critical Care & Anaesthesia (ICCA) test execution, involving relevant stakeholders where required.
- Recording ICCA test defects logs and re-testing defect fixes when deployed to the ICCA test environments.
- Able to give in training to all staff that will be using the EHR system.
- Provide clinical support where needed on the Critical Care Unit.
To be successful, you will be required to have:
- General Adult NMC Registered Nurse
- Current Critical Care Nurse
- Significant post registration experience
- Interest in clinical informatics, electronic health records and IT systems
- Team player abilities
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and confident to do presentations
- Desire to develop themselves and others both professionally and personally
- Experience of using ICCA
- Experience of developing and implementing EHR systems
- Exposure to SQL
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Dental Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Payment for Professional Registration Fees after 12 months service
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Annual Staff Bonus Scheme
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Free Massage
- Online Discounts
- Season Ticket Loan
- Occupational Health
- Core Health Benefits
To find more information, for an informal discussion or an informal visit before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on 07562210958 / Joan-
Thursday, 23rd July 2020
To be held between w/c 27th June and w/c 3rd July 2020