We are recruiting for a Claims Risk Manager. This a new role at Hastings Direct. You’ll be responsible for 1st line risk, control and governance across our Insurer Services (claims and anti-fraud) function.
If you’re looking for a role with a high degree of accountability and autonomy, a progressive career and thrive in a fast-paced team where you can effect real change, and have experience in this space within the financial services industry, then we would love to hear from you.
Locations available: Based from Leicester or Bexhill with flexible working.
You will be accountable for the development and management of the risk and control framework, reporting and process across all areas of Insurer Services. You will hold responsibility for the success of other core governance processes across the department including audit, internal assurance, HEAF, data protection, system user access, business continuity and contingency planning ensuring all accountabilities are well executed and outputs delivered on time and to a high standard across the function.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement and maintain a risk & governance framework for Insurer Services covering all aspects of risk, control and operational resilience
- Lead control improvement activity across the function
- Integrate risk registers and control reporting into our new risk management system
- Oversee business continuity planning for Insurer Services including supplier integration
- Establish clearly communicated escalation routes for incident management and breach management
- Risk reporting for Insurer Services at all levels up to and including board and risk committees
What we’re looking for:
- Considerable operational risk experience ideally gained within insurance or financial services
- Previous experience in developing and implementing risk frameworks and processes
- Confidence to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong communicator & influencer with the ability to affect change
What we can offer you:
- Competitive basic salary. Do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application –
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Car allowance of £5,000
- 27 days holiday
- Pension (up to 10% matched)
- Private medical cover for you, and access to a suite of flexible benefits and retail discounts
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.