As a Claims Recovery Negotiator, you will be responsible for handling non-fault claims at the end of the journey and recovering costs via solicitors and third parties. It’s all about keeping the customers fully informed and working to close the claim for the customer to ensure their no claims discount isn’t affected.
As well as providing telephony support, we also have our easy-to-use webchat function. Therefore one week you could be speaking with our customers on the phone and the following week you’re looking after them via chat, all whilst providing the highest standard of service.
A majority of our team are based in the Bexhill-on-Sea office, offering a hybrid approach of office and homeworking. However, for the right candidate, we are happy to discuss fully remote working options.
What will you be doing?
- Communicating via telephone (inbound and outbound calls), written correspondence and webchat with the policyholder to keep them updated of any developments and bring about resolution of claim
- Validating the claim, ensuring the policy is operational
- Realistic inputting and updating of claims reserves on our systems
- Making effective use of the diary system to maintain proactive approach to claims handling
- Interface with relevant claims units and departments
- Handling scheme claims within agreed terms and notifying scheme insurer
- Working towards individual and business KPI’s
- Investigating liability where required and making decisions, admitting or disputing
- Referring any suspected fraud to the Specialist Unit
- Processing incoming payments
What are we looking for?
- Recovery/claims experience highly beneficial, but not essential, as we’ll provide any necessary training
- A background in telephony based work with excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail (data inputting skills)
- Good overall IT knowledge, especially with Excel, Word and Access desirable
- Proactive, organised approach to work
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive base salary
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Pension match up to 10%
A friendly, dynamic environment with opportunities to progress and develop
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
We have our own Inclusion Council, Wellbeing Committee and Employee Forum Representatives and we are pleased to be certified as a carbon neutral organisation!
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.