We are looking for a number of Claims Negotiators to join our Third Party department at Hastings Direct. This role would be ideal opportunity for someone who has experience within motor claims and has a natural aptitude for problem solving.
You will be responsible for assisting and supporting our customers when they need us the most by proactively managing a portfolio of cases, investigating liability and third party presented quantum claims and agreeing fair outcomes within policy and legal liability. You will need to maintain an awareness of third party behaviours and changes in relevant legislation to ensure you are up to date with the market place and handling approaches to provide suggestions for improvements.
What will you be doing?
- Gathering information to enable early arrival at the correct liability decision giving consideration to economic settlement and pro-actively securing appropriate recoveries to limit business exposure
- Settle Third Party Claims within financial handling authority to achieve the optimum claims settlement using department and best practice strategies
- Identify potential fraudulent cases and liaise with the relevant departments to combat fraud
- Negotiating between the policyholder, solicitors and third parties to ensure we get the best outcome for our customers
- Managing and owning the customer experience journey
- Managing and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure service level agreements, policies and governance are adhered to
- Developing yourself in line with our progression framework in order to maximise your personal contribution and to recognise how that fits into the wider claims operating model
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience within motor claims
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Great communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Strong relationship building skills
- Good level of computer skills
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive base salary
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment
Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute towards real change
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.