Our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer, and as we continue to grow through the power of data and digital trends we are looking for a number of Claims Negotiators to work in our recovery team.
Reporting to the Team Leader you will work within a growing claims recovery department focussing on non-fault recoveries. The team is responsible for processing new and existing claims through negotiation with all interested parties in order to achieve settlement.
You will be based remotely initially however moving forward the role will be based in our Bexhill head office. Full time home working will be considered for the right candidate.
How you will make a difference
- Manage a portfolio of claims from initiation to close.
- Ensure each claim is dealt with in line with the company/departmental procedure and within service standards through to settlement stage in line with personal authorities.
- Interact with relevant claims units and departments within the company.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external partnerships with key stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who has
- Insurance or claims experience (ideally).
- Recoveries experience (desirable but not essential).
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- A solution focussed mind-set.
- The ability to take the initiative and work under pressure.
- Basic IT and inputting skills.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Access desirable.
- Telephone based work experience desirable
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary.
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential.
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays.
Please see the full list of our benefits here: https://www.hastingsdirectcareers.com/what-we-offer/a-supportive -business
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.