You will be at the forefront of fraud defence for Hastings Direct. Accountable for the identification and investigation of claims fraud, you will utilise data, technology, and insight to ensure that our customers and Hastings Direct are protected from fraudster activity.
You will develop tactics with agility, to optimise our defences in an environment where fraudster behaviour continually evolves. With an understanding of legal cost development, you will oversee our litigation activity to ensure that we make commercially astute decisions, delivering the highest possible value from investigation activity.
Delivering through your team of talented investigators, you will tackle complex and high value fraud, disrupt organised fraud networks and deter opportunists.
This is an exciting time to join Hastings Direct, in a senior role within an established and successful team.
- Leadership of the complex claim’s fraud investigation team (up to 24 FTE)
- Ownership of complex fraud cases to deliver optimal commercial outcomes, including complex cases, fraud ring investigations and key claims enablers
- Ownership of the enabler targeting strategy to ensure enablers of interest are identified and optimal tactics are deployed to disrupt fraud and claims exaggeration
- A data driven analytical approach to claims fraud identification, utilising current and new technologies to identify all instances of fraud, whilst reducing false positive referrals
- Tracking of savings, related to fraud detection
- Oversight of cases that are referred to the claims fraud legal defence panel to ensure case value is optimised and litigation activity is effective (in terms of legal outcome and a fraudster deterrent)
- Preparation for civil liability act reform, including the embedding of processes post reform
- Recovery of losses (claims loss and legal costs) upon conclusion of cases
- Guardian of technical knowledge and capability across all claims fraud teams
- Approval of referrals to law enforcement agencies
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Claims Fraud Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Highly analytical, using data to deliver fraud defence tactics
- Ability to deliver through others (team and stakeholders)
- Proven ability to interact efficiently with other teams
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and the desire to make a difference
- Delivery of commercial outcomes
- Litigation tactics
- Involved in the preparation for CLA reforms
- Understanding of the end to end claims management journey
Although this position can be carried out from home, travel will be required to support operational teams in Bexhill and Leicester.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.